As promised, here is a round-up of the online coverage of the Socially Engaged Buddhist Symposium held recently at the Zen Peacemakers’ House of One People:
- The Zen Peacemakers website has summaries of the keynote speeches as well as each of the panels. You can also purchase DVDs on this page as well.
- ZP’s Bearing Witness Blog has a series of articles on the Symposium, including:
Special Ministries Discussed at Symposium (including prison ministry and mental health)
There are more articles posted there, so be sure to visit the BW blog.
- Alan Senauke wrote a reflection piece on the Symposium that appears on the Clear View Project website. (scroll down the page a ways to find it)
- There are lots of good photos of the event, including a fine one of Robert Thurman avec clown nose, here on Meriwinkle’s blog
- And I know that Kenneth Kraft, co-author of The New Social Face of Buddhism, has an article about to be posted on the Bearing Witness blog, so keep an eye out for that as well.
Did I miss anything? If you were at the Symposium, what are your reflections?